To Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
To identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
Project /Practice Management
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Client management Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with minimum of 7 years of project management experience; out of which minimum 3 (three) specific multimillion-dollar large-scale roads and drainage construction projects. Fluent in English language.
- Financial Management
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Organizational and managemen skill with ability to ensure coordination among employees in the team.