- Company Business: Commodities Trading & Exports
- Skills: Accounting
- Other Skills: 2 to 4 years experience, University degree in business/accounting, preference for
professional qualification i.e. ACCA, CPA, CA, or CMA
- Experience: 2 + Years
- Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
- Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Khartoum, Sudan.
- Status: Active
The Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day and monthly close and other basic accounting responsibilities related to reconciliation, AR & AP.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage daily bookkeeping in a proper double-entry system
- Manage monthly close process and ensure proper documentation and filing of support
- Calculating and preparing journal entries for transactions as indicated in the monthly close
- Review of monthly financial statements and preparation of variance analysis against forecast
and prior month.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation
- Management of audit (internal, external and statutory)
- Operational accounting, financial and capital analysis
- preparation of intercompany reconciliation
- Preparation of accounting and administration reports as and when needed
- Assist with/coordinate special projects as and when needed
- University degree business/accounting, preference for professional qualification i.e. ACCA, CPA, CA or CMA
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Preferred qualifications
- 2 to 4 years experience in Finance or Accounting
- QuickBooks and/or Oracle experience preferred.
- Multinational business familiarity skills
- Motivated, energetic, self-starter
- Uncompromising ethics
- Intelligent, sound judgment, common sense
- Strong communication, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and accounting technical knowledge
- Ability to work well with people at all levels and from multiple cultures